Welcome Elmhurst Families!
Please find study reminders and websites that will help you best support your student. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions to websites you found extremely helpful, please use the contact form below so that those resources can be shared with other families!
* Volunteer! Collaborate with your student's teacher regarding possible volunteer times. Your efforts will be appreciated by your student's teacher and valued by your student for years to come!
* Stay informed about routines in the classroom and procedures in school. Students should observe teachers and families working together and staying abreast of what occurs in school.
* Likewise, when procedures and routines change at home (new numbers, different living arrangements, medical emergencies) be sure to contact your student's teacher so that necessary measures can be taken.
* Communication Folders are sent home every Wednesday--develop a routine in reviewing the graded work and school updates with your student. Praise your student for proficient assignments and ask probing questions to seek correct responses for difficult assignments.
* Assist your student in developing a habit and desire to read as much as possible (strive for daily). Make trips to the library choosing interesting and age-appropriate text for your reader. Model fluent reading and take turns reading pages of texts. Also, encourage your student to read texts independently (depending on age).
* Monitor your student in accessing websites on the "Resources for Students" webpage.
* Browse the links below to access useful information:
1. Stay up-to-date with news and events within our school district
2. Stay up-to-date with news and events within our school.
3. Access AR quiz list through out Media Center's webpage.
4. Develop strong character traits and a thorough understanding of character education for our student. Click on School Notebook on the opening screen.
Enter our school name and password.
School name: Elmhurst ES Password: Bear
5. Manage your student's meal account (breakfast or lunch).
6. .Learn more about how you can serve our school's PTA by visiting our PTA's website